It’s no secret – I LOVE details! As a Southern wedding photographer, it truly brings me such joy to capture all the little details you’ve carefully chosen to be a part of your wedding day!
Once I arrive at your wedding, I need at least 30 minutes to capture and style details. An hour to photograph your details is always better if your timeline allows it especially if you have a lot more details or a large invitation suite.
I recommend choosing a getting ready location filled with natural light and, if possible, please keep the space free from trash and clutter. This will not only make your detail shots look clean and ready for Instagram but also for any special getting ready shots you may want.
If at all possible please put all of your rings, jewelry, shoes, veil, perfume, invitations and other keepsakes together in one spot for me. I usually have brings place all of these items in a shoebox or something similar so it is ready for me to photograph when I arrive.
Please unwrap your dress from it’s original packaging but don’t worry about styling it – I’ll hang it in a beautiful spot! If you have a special or personalized hanger, that is awesome! I will definitely be sure to use it! However, if you don’t have one – no worries! I typically bring a nice, simple wooden hanger with me so that’s not the clear plastic one that comes from the store. Trust me, one little change can make your photos look a hundred times better!
Bridal Details Checklist:
- Dress Hanger
- Rings (both engagement and wedding bands)
- Hair pieces
- Invitation Suite ( 2 full sets with envelopes + stamps)
- Any other paper stationary you may have like program cards.
- Vow Book
- Any other sentimental keepsakes you would like to include (I once had a bride tie her grandmother’s wedding ring to her converse shoes. This is completely optional – but if you have something sentimental you’d like styled with your details, I love including family heirlooms in my detail shots)
- Bonus: I’d love to have a few cuts of the florals you’ll be using throughout your wedding day. If your florist will supply us a small bucket of extra pieces I can incorporate those in your detail shots.
Groom Details Checklist:
- Socks (if they’re special)
- Cuff Links
- Tie or Bow Tie
- Pocket Square
- Vows Book
- Anything else he’ll have that is special or sentimental.
Bonus Tip: Rings
When I can, I always try to take a photo of your rings while you’re getting ready. If possible, try to have your engagement ring cleaned or clean it yourself. This will make sure it sparkles and is looking it’s absolute best for it’s close up!
Looking for more detail shots? Check out my galleries for more Southern wedding photographer detail inspiration!